Senior Laravel Developer
Mindbeat are a startup in the occupational psychology space - we're building a platform backed by science that helps managers and their teams thrive in the workplace and at home. Our goals include enabling managers to become the best version of themselves, and to democratise coaching and mentoring.
We're looking to build the team to help us fulfil our vision.
Senior Laravel Developer
We’re looking for someone who is passionate, ambitious, reliable and cares deeply about delivering outstanding work. Someone who is confident in their ability to write clean and tested code, but who is still thirsty to improve their craft as a web developer.
This position is especially suited for someone who has been working with Laravel for some time, and is excited by the opportunity to take ownership of turning specifications into features within a small development team.
Why this role?
Shape the future of coaching: We're building a platform to digitise coaching and help managers everywhere thrive! You can help us create a world where people are more creative, fulfilled, and inspired.
Tackle challenging, diverse, and impactful problems: We're still a super small team, so everyone gets to work on impactful problems and wear many hats.
Work with some of the best people in the world: We have an incredibly talented and passionate team that is a lot of fun to work with. We're still super small and have accomplished a lot since launching in 2018. Our interests are wide and deep — and we love to combine them.
Join us at a magical time: We've launched and are operating with our first clients, which opens up our options to create the learning and coaching experiences of our dreams. You'd join at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow. You'll also learn and grow a ridiculous amount 😉. We're just getting started!
So, what will you do as a Full Stack Engineer at Mindbeat?
- You'll work with a range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from ideation to launch. For example, building peer-to-peer chat or coach-specific tools.
- You'll improve existing features. This includes performance, reliability, and product polish. For example, improving our video platform.
- You'll build and improve processes and internal tools. For example, tools that help with customer support and operations or dashboards that help us and our coaches see how our users are doing and what we should focus on.
- You'll champion code quality, new technologies, and architectural design within the company.
- You'll be a major player in building and shaping the future of digital coaching
This is a full time and remote role. We're based in Malta.
- A solid understanding of Object Oriented Design, PHP, MySQL, HTML and CSS
- Experience with the Laravel Framework (5+ years)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience with tailwind will be considered an asset
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS
- Experience implementing responsive frontend code
- Love for clean, standards-compliant, well-tested, well patterned, code
- Passion for software development, learning, and growing your craft
- Experience with TDD & PHPUnit
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Good spoken and written English